Pain/cramp during early pregnancy - Way TMI adult content

I am having two distinct pains in the last few days. They are brief and not so bad that I cry or anything. I'm about 4.5 weeks along I think. My doctor appt is 3/11 and I am trying to decide if this is serious enough to call her and ask for an emergency work in.

I am getting a sharp shooting kind of pain on the left side that feels like it is actually in my vagina. This happens a couple of times a day and only lasts for a couple of seconds.

The other pain is more of an ache or cramp on the right side that feels a little like the pain I would get during ovulation. This pain is really strong when I sneeze, orgasm, or cough.

Are those two things normal? Are either of those something that would make you race to the doctor?

angelmommy11

Asked by angelmommy11 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm 14 wks and have had those pains all the way up til now. I'd say its normal your stretching and your body is making big changes and preparing for you to carry a baby for 40 wks at least! But if it gets too painful and you get more concerned make the E.R. appt.Just to be sure all is ok.
    Hugeat8wks

Answer by Hugeat8wks at 2:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had the same thing... I actually went to the ER because I thought I had an etopic pregnancy... t's just your body getting used to having something growing inside you (unless you are bleeding) I wouldn't worry
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think its normal
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2011

• Thanks, there isn't any blood so maybe I am ok!... So worried. I am hoping the nervousness will wear off after my appt on 3/11
    angelmommy11

Comment by angelmommy11 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011