I keep seeing this is it true?

I was reading a post and i'm sure you know which one or will. And some of the replies said that tax-dollars pay for abortion. Is that true? I thought if you got one you had to pay for it, I'm pro-life and only believe a abortion is ok if you were raped or something of that nature. But anyway is it true? If so can you give me a link for it I'm am very interested to find out why.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes it is true, if you are on state medical and want an abortion they will pay for it, a person I know did it and was shocked when she told me.

Why, so the state doesnt have to pay for the baby ie foodstamps, medical or other forms of assistance. Its a one time payment vs. a lifetime
    Anonymous

• Medicaid is only required to cover abortion in cases of rape, incest or if the pregnancy is life threatening for the mother. Now...I'm sure that anyone wanting one will find a doc that will say it's one of these things..so there you have it.
    RenaeMom3277

Answer by RenaeMom3277 at 8:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• pp here
    I live in OR and we dont have medicaid we have the Oregon Health Plan,
    Anonymous

• Some states fund state money for abortions.

Per the Hyde Ammendment, Federal Money cannot be used to fund an abortion for situations other that rape, incest, and medical emergency.

However, Obama wants to repeal (do away) with the Hyde Ammendment. Which opens up critics to be concerned with Federally Funded Abortions would be used as a form of "birth control" (Not saying I agree, but that is the debtate). I do think the Hyde Ammendment needs to remain as is.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i thought it was only in cases of rape that you have gone to the hospital and done a rape kit others i belive you gotta pay it your self
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It only covers the taxi ride to the clinic from jail. Otherwise, you are on your own.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Actually, as tax payers; yes we are paying for abortions whether it's rape or medically nessecary. It's called Planned Parenthood. They are federally funded program, and they provide abortions.

jsikapv

Answer by jsikapv at 8:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

what the hell was that supposed to mean .. are you saying people that get htem go to jail? thats just stupid and rude
    Anonymous

• http://www.plannedparenthood.org/

Planned parenthood does NOT do abortions

Anonymous

• Services Include

Abortion Referral
    Birth Control Services
    Emergency Contraception
    General Health Care
    HPV & Hepatitis Vaccines
    LGBT Services
    Men's Health Services
    Patient Education
    Pregnancy Testing & Services
    STD Testing & Treatment
    Women's Health Services

Anonymous