Since you have had kids, how many times have you replaced your couch?

We have gone through three couches since having kids 11 years ago. Two were used and one as bought new. We are again couch shopping...ugh! Our first couch was a hand me down couch, it was on it's last legs when we got it. Then we bought a new couch, but it was tan colored and got terribly stained and the back cushions started to rip off the back. It lasted about 7 years. The we got a really nice fake leather couch used and the vinyl started ripping after two years. Never buying vinyl again!

What is your couch history?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We got a hand-me-down couch when we bought our house in 2009. We were given a futon when we moved here as well. So that's two "New" couches to replace our previous two. We will be buying new couches sometime next year probably. I'd have done it this year, but convincing DH that it's needed is a little hard. Ha!

Our kids are One, Two, and Just Over a week old.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Gawwwwd. I dont even want to think about it lol. Id say if I average it out were replacing the livingroom furniture every 2-3 yrs.

Answer by gemgem at 1:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We got new furniture when we moved to our last house, but mostly because our old couch didn't work in that house. The kids haven't destroyed any furniture. We have a leather set.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh I am so happy that the company where I bought my furniture has insurace "goof proof" if they ANY stains or damage they will replace my furniture.

I had one couch replaced so far because of nail polish and juice stains.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm just about to get our first new couch. The stuff we have is DH's and he had it for ages before we moved in. I'm going for the cheap stuff because I know it's going to get trashed. The Beast wanted to get a wicked expensive sectional but I put the kibosh on that right quick! No good furniture until the boy-child(who's 4) is in middle school!
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 1:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Never. We do not eat/drink on the sofas and the kids knew better than to jump on them, draw on them, etc. They are now 18 and 12 and we have the same sofas from before they were born and they are in great shape.
    Anonymous

• Once
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my pldest son is 12 and we are on our 5th couch 3rd kitchen table and 2nd dining room table
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011