What verses from God's Holy, Written Word give you the most encouragement and comfort?

The Bible is filled cover to cover with verses that encourage, comfort, admonish,and save us.
Some of my favorites are: For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to help you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11.
I can do ALL things through Christ, who gives me strength. Phillipians 4:13.
No, in all these things we are more than conquerers through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus, our Lord.
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in Whom I trust. Psalm 91:2

*AN EDIT*, I have no problem with dissenting opinions. But, however, THIS particular post is for those of us who believe in God, and trust in His Word, to share verses with one another. If you are not a believer, but have words you wish to share, that is fine, however, if you come on here, simply to blast us, and tell us how ignorant we are, you're not very welcome. I know we can be civil, and I'd love to hear from others spiritual paths, as well. Thanks.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Be Still, and Know that I am God......It's somewhere in Psalms...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• None. I get comfort from intentionally choosing thoughts that are comfortable, for me. Nothing outside of my mind is responsible for my own comfort.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 1:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If that's what gets you through,then more power to you. I for one, go to God's Word many times a day, for instruction, comfort,wisdom,and strength, and He never lets me down.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• cbk, your answer is subjective. There's no proof that what you think, is fact. If you THINK reading verses in the bible makes you feel good, go for it, but to state it as a fact, is dishonest. You feel, because of your 5 senses, central nervous system and brain. There is no evidence linking the origin of feelings to being caused by a disembodied mind.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Anna, that is one of my favorites, also. I could use up all the space on here, listing the verses that I love. God is so good. Clarity, I'm not going to waste my time on you. May God bless and keep you. You will be in my prayers. If you don't believe, you have no business here, blasting those of us who do.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 2:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• cbk, YOU posted this in the religious DEBATE section. If you don't want to debate then post it somewhere else.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't mind debate, but out and out BLANTANT ugliness and rudeness is a whole other thing. Like I said, we can and DO debate politely, even when we don't agree. I have a feeling you can as well. And, I will post anything anywhere I please, last time I checked YOU don't own Cafe Mom.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh,and clarity, I'm NOT asking for "proof" of anything! I'm simply asking those who believe in God's Word to share a few verses. NOTHING wrong with that. To a believer, no proof is necessary. To a non-believer no proof is sufficient/
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• What exactly, was "rude or ugly" about what I said? I never once insulted your person. If you cannot separate your beliefs from who you are, a human being, then chances are you'll be offended by the words I wrote, but that's not my responsibility.
    When you decide to post anything in a debate section, that subject is up for debate, by anyone willing to debate it. You asked for favorite bible verses that supposedly give comfort, encouragement and that "save," in a debate section. All of that is now debatable because of where you posted it.
    I brought a debatable, objective point of view to the table. If this were simply posted in the religion and beliefs section, I would never have responded. Do you see that it is your responsibility to debate what you posted, instead of just defending it?
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011