Do you allow your kids to watch sponge bob?

I won't let my boys watch sponge bob, something about it I don't like.

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Hey there amiga! i also have never let my kids watch spongebob. At least with most of the other shows out there that are tailored to kids they have some kind of education purpose to them. Spongebob just seems like basic and sometimes rude or crude humor. My niece used to watch it and it just seems like there are so many other choices out there so i never introduced my kids to it. If they were to take a liking to it, i don't think i would forbid them to watch it, i just wouldn't encourage it.
    edwardorspike

Answer by edwardorspike at 2:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• No, I do not let my Son watch that crap. Hell, He even knows Spongebob is bad and gets all pissed when the commercials are on - He can't stand that annoying and inappropriate sponge and He has never seen anything more than the previews for it. My Son is such a good Kid!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yea, we don't see anything wrong with it. He watches it maybe once a week if he asks.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes. I love him.

Answer by gemgem at 1:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My dd (she's 4) LOVES spongebob and its one of the only ones that doesn't annoy me!

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yes
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We don't have that channel but we get netflix and i let him pick out a show he wants to watch and if he chooses it i let him watch it.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• yes
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't see the problem with Spongebob! This question comes up about once a month or so though so there are plenty of people who hate it

I see him as hardworking, friendly, loves his pet, helps his friends...yes he is kinda loud and obnoxious but all in all he's a good sponge ;)

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I didn't let my kids watch Dora though...OMG that show is SO ANNOYING!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011