Can I?

I want to baby girl to hav BM and I have had bad luck with my other 2 kids and latching on. I am 32wks and My milk is already in could I start pumping and store it for her that way if she didnt latch like the other too I had it there and she didnt get the formula.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its not the "m ilk" yet its the pre stuff they get at first the "milk" doesnt come in til they are born .. idk about pumping now you may want to ask a dr
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I would ask. A friend of mine pumped while she was still pregnant. She froze it. I don't think hers was the pre-stuff. I am pretty sure it was the real thing.
    thethings

Answer by thethings at 8:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• its colostrum - which i thiiiink has all the good stuff the milk has. bc some people dont actually get the milk right when the baby gets here. i have read several times though that breast stimulation can cause early labor... wish i knew more!
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yeah you really dont want to pump now hun it could cause contractions and its hard having a preemie but trust me if you have issues you can pump post baby. Try seeing a lactation consultant immediatly once baby is born in the hospital even. Try not to stress about this now. You never know this baby might have a perfectly beautiful latch!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Talk to your doctor and possibly a lactation consultant. I know some women do get milk early, and I think I've heard something about pumping early as well. Nipple stimulation is bad, but you don't get milk the same way you stimulate your nipples.

It'd be good to start talking with a pro now so you can be helped right away and be more likely to be successful. They'll want you to be able to breastfeed almost as badly as you'll want to. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:07 AM on Nov. 20, 2008