Would you ever tell your DH or SO if you cheated?

Jssg1986

Asked by Jssg1986 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• I wouldn't cheat, I'd end the relationship first.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 3:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would never cheat on my husband in the first place but if I did, of course I would tell him and expect him to kick my ass!
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would, my guilt would not me do anything else, and I would know the relationship would be over, neither my hubby or myself would be able to live together in this kind of betrayal. But I would break up before an actual physical betrayal would take place.

Answer by older at 1:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Simple answer NO! Why not? I think it is very selfish for people to tell just to ease their conscience. Ease your conscience by changing your lifesyle or leaving the spouse. Why hurt him? to make yourself feel better? Nah Keep it to the grave is what I say.
    SueAnd2

Answer by SueAnd2 at 3:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• eventually
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• When I was married (we have been divorced for 3 years), I cheated on my husband, and I told him about it. Surprisingly to most, that is NOT why our marriage ended. I was not able to live with the guilt of what I had done, which is why I told him. Even though our marriage ended, and I hate him with every fiber of my being, I "regret" doing what I did because I NEVER thought I would be that kind of woman, and then I was one. Live and learn.
    momofamonkey83

Answer by momofamonkey83 at 1:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think my actions towards him would be enough to tell him IF I ever had.
    I NEVER EVER would!!!! If I'd ever come to the point where I had those feelings, I'd go to him and talk about it and figure it out BEFORE anything would ever happen.
    I respect him, myself and our relationship to much to do that!
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i would never cheat in the first place but you owe it to them out of love and respect to tell them
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• First off I would NEVER cheat! If I completely lost my mind and wanted to sleep with other people I would let him know it was over first.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• What would be the point of saying something that would devastate him? Most men are not as forgiving as women. No I wouldn't tell him but I would spend the rest of my relationship with him making it up to him. I would also try to let him know I need attention from him *(if that is what drove me to someone else)

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011