Have you read the entire "Left Behind" series? What did you think of them?

I love them. I have the entire collection, and love to go back an read them from time to time. I love how Biblically sound they were, and that being a fictionalized account, they kept the same core characters all through the series.

cbk_mom3

Asked by cbk_mom3 at 1:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I've read them and really enjoyed them. I even read one of the prequels..the one with the birth of the antichrist.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I read it until it became very anti-Catholic, and being catholic I found that offensive....I also don't think much of the theology that went into writing the stories....huge moneymaker .....which also makes me skeptical.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• No way. I am definitely not pre-millenialist.

There is only a second coming, not a third.  The basis for these books is flawed

And the series is anti Catholic

adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 2:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I enjoyed them but I don't think they are biblically sound.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Not a fan of the writing style. They try way too hard.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I didn't finish the whole thing, I got bored and distracted around the 6th book. I tried to jump to the last book but then got confused (because I skipped a bunch of books) and didn't end up finishing that either. I think that people tend to try an view it as fact a bit too much. It wasn't too bad. Not my favorite book series ever but certainly not the worst thing I've ever read.
    ladykyr

Answer by ladykyr at 1:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• That's true. Of course, we have no real way of knowing what the tribulation will be like, but I love how LaHaye and Jenkins use so much of Revelation and the Bible to set the story up. I've studied Revelation in great detail, and they really made a lot of those verses come to life.
    cbk_mom3

Comment by cbk_mom3 (original poster) at 1:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have read the entire series, walked away with the thought of how sad. It actually deep down made me even more thankful to not be christian and having to live me life under such threat. The final book,IMO, portrayed the rapture as evil and cruel, with absolutely no forgiveness from a jealous Deity.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've read the first couple. Nice fiction stories, had pretty good plots but the later books it started to get really dry and worn out so I didn't go too far beyond that.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Loved the series and yes the middle books got a lil dry but then the rest picked up and I loved the last two as well.
    Yes the authors did well tying Revelation into the books. However I believe as a christian we will go through part of the trib so I do not believe in the part where they are raptured just before it.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2011