Thrush remedies?

Baby and I have thrush. What are some good remedies that I don't have to see a dr for?

WhippleBaby

Asked by WhippleBaby at 5:11 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Thrush - An Oral Yeast Infection
    Thrush Treatments. Thrush is usually treated with a prescription medicine called Nystatin which is given four times a day. The dosage is 0.5ml to each side ...
    pediatrics.about.com/od/childhoodinfections/a/thrush.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 6:14 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Natural Remedies for Thrush
    However, you may want to try some natural treatments to clear it up sooner, ... There are natural ways to treat or even prevent thrush and enjoy ...
    www.naturalfamilyonline.com/go/index.php/258/natural-thrush-remedies/
    vbruno

• Acidophilus, acidophilus, and more acidophilus! You can't overdose on it. I'm finally beating mine by taking double doses of the strongest acidophilus I could find. I also put it on my nipples before feeding Lily and rub some in her mouth. If baby has a yeasty diaper rash as well, tea tree oil works wonders on it.
    jeremysmom04

Answer by jeremysmom04 at 9:01 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Oh, and the prescription nystatin given to babies is in a corn syrup base...yeast thrives on sugar. Kind of defeats the purpose, don't you think?
    jeremysmom04

Answer by jeremysmom04 at 9:02 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• what's thrush?
    MidniteMochaMom

Answer by MidniteMochaMom at 11:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Gentian Violet. It's about $2 non-Rx from a pharmacy, supposedly all natural and it was the only thing that got rid of our thrush after MONTHS of battling with it w/ Rx's. Beware though, it's MESSY and stains terribly. You'll have purple/blue dyed nipples and your baby will have a crazy purple/blue mouth for a couple weeks!
    jessica4983

Answer by jessica4983 at 12:33 AM on Jul. 9, 2008

• nystatin dont work i promise u that...i used it for my son and it didnt do nothing i got 3 refills on it and several months still didint do anything call me weird but its cleasring up since i havent done anything to it lol
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 8:19 AM on Jul. 9, 2008