Do you ever get "you" time all to yourself?

What do you like to do if/when you do get some time to yourself?

momofamonkey83

Asked by momofamonkey83 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• I often go to Barnes & Noble and sit in a comfy chair, bask in the smell of a bookstore and read! I also really like late movies all by myself.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 1:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Whats that? Heck no. The closest I go tto "me" time was to take my oldest out for lunch and a movie. But really..I guess that would have been mom -son bonding time, not really "me" time..but it was still nice to be away from the house and for daddy to be taking care of the 2 little ones.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• when i take a shower..when i watch tv late at night when the kids are asleep. that is about it.
    bouncingsoul

Answer by bouncingsoul at 1:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My husband will watch our son and let me go and get my nails done and go and tan. I also like to get starbucks and hit up the mall!
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have been a wife for more than 46 years, a mother for almost 41 years, and a grandmother for 12 years, and I still get very little time for myself. When I do, I like to just sit down, kick back and read a good book without being interrupted. I raised my 3 children with no family to help, except my husband when he was able to. That fact made me determined to help out my own children with their babies. As a result of that, I have chosen to give up a lot of the time I could have had just for me. Turns out the real joy is in helping others and not in pleasing myself!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I prefer playing on the computer
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well most of my me time comes at slow times when I am at work just waiting for the next patient (like now!) LOL
    But sometimes I can talk my hubby into taking our 2 girls with him somewhere and then I like to watch my tivo'd shows, or read, or cross stitch, or nap....
    Fridays I leave work at noon and sometimes I go do little errands that need to be done before I go get the girls from daycare. It is nice to go to the mall without the kids!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 2:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• it would be nice to beable to have me time again
    whitneyw90

Answer by whitneyw90 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• when everyone goes to bed at night, and i try to relax and watch movies
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 2:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think it's important to grab some me time here and there. DH will hang with the kids and I'll run out to a store if I need something (like jeans that fit or a new shirt that's not stained) or I'll grab dinner or coffee with some friends. Once a year my mother and I go away for a long weekend. DH and my dad have kid duty while mom and I shop like nuts, eat out, and stay in fun bed-and-breakfast spots. I also volunteer with Girl Scouts and with some of the various things our church supports - sometimes I go out for meetings related to those things. It's something I enjoy so even though it's not "for me" per se, it's still doing something I want to be doing beyond the job of mom (that I also want to be doing!)

Of course, once a year my mom and I also take a girl trip with my DD. Just the three of us doing something special out of town for an over night. ;)
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011