Just went back to work......

My baby girl is just six and a half weeks old and I had to go back to work. She is going to daycare just a minute away from where I work so I am able to go see/feed her at my lunch break. Being home with her for the six weeks was the best, and now that I'm back at work I'm sure I want to be here or at home with her. We just simply cannot afford for me not to work, but it's killing me already......will this get easier or any suggestions? Thank you.

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 1:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know how you feel, today is my 4th day back to work and my mom is taking care of my son at home. I never stop thinking about him and wondering what he's doing. it even bought tears to my eyes when I think about it. At least you can go see him during yoru lunch break. Everyday after work I rush home to see the little man. I always take pictures of him from last night so I can look at it all day today. There's no other way we can't survive without my income :(
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh, yes. It gets easier. The first few days back are always the hardest for mom. And the not getting her to smile was probably more of, "What? What's wrong with YOU, Mom? I'm FINE!" than anything else. The babies always do much better than mom does!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes it will get easier. with my oldest son i went back to work when he was 6 weeks old and it was hard but i knew he was in good care, then i lost my job so i had to stay at home and to this day i am a stay at home mom and babysit for extra money for like me or the boys.
    2boysyahoo.com

Answer by 2boysyahoo.com at 2:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I just balled my eyes out when I left her after lunch, not sure if it'll be harder to see her in the middle of the day or not. Usually she is full of smiles, I couldn't even get her to smile at me last night. I know she's not, but it felt like she's holding it against me :(
    yesmaam

Comment by yesmaam (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If you're happy with your child care provider than it will get easier and easier. If you feel uneasy about your provider it will become more and more difficult.

High quality child care makes all the difference in the world.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• its hard cause i was home about the first 2 months of her life she was a totall mommys girl during the day and a daddys girl at night it was hard leaveing her but she is at my moms so i know she will be ok she cried and i cried too
    there_mommy

Answer by there_mommy at 6:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011