I was wondering which spelling is best?

Alexander, Aleksander, Alakesander, Alecsander, or other variations for a middle name I kinda want it to be unique.

diamondsky

Asked by diamondsky at 1:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Baby Names

• alexander
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Alexander. The rest of them look like you don't know how to spell the name correctly.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• IMO - Unless it is a name handed down.... why make it hard on the child (and parents, friends, family, teachers....) with an unknown spelling of a name?????
    I have a nephew who's named after his father.... spelling NOT traditional. It makes it hard when trying to get something personalized. Or when going to get savings bonds, cause everyone goes for the traditional spelling and I have to repeat myself several times til they get it right.
    MrsDAP

Answer by MrsDAP at 1:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Alexander, I prefer the traditional.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 4:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• What I noticed when pronouncing these was that Alexander, the traditional, really has a smooth transition to it. I think its the combo of the X and the ander. Where as I didnt pronounce the other variations as smoothly. Just thinking out loud for ya all!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 2:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• how about Alekzander??
    kld1979

Answer by kld1979 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Alexander . . .biys get made fun of sometimes when the spelling is off.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 4:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Maybe its just because its what I'm familiar with..but Alexander looks the best to me.
    But if you want to do it differently, which one looks the best to you? I spelled my sons name differnt from the norm and what everyone else had said and now the way I've spelled it just looks normal to me. So..I guess its just about getting used to it.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Alexander. :)
    My daughter's name is Charlotte and you wouldn't believe how many people misspell that! So irritating.
    chelsea_renee

Answer by chelsea_renee at 4:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Alexander. The rest of the spellings are just awkward.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 5:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011