What is it with men?

I can't have a single guy friend without DH thinking that I'm going to sleep with them.. Even though he knows I'm not going to. It's freaking ridiculous.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• questions like this are why they should have a Dad/Man section for them to answer things like this, how would a group of women be able to explain why a man does something, when there's plenty of guys that could give us insight (and maybe they do, they just can't announce themselves here).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Mar. 6, 2011

• Honestly, if he feels that way, then you should not pursue friendships with other men...Your marriage should come first, and there are very few people who are that secure that they can deal with what you are expecting him to deal with.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Wish I had a magic answer for this one, but I don't. Only that I can relate. My DH has asked me several times to cut my best guy pal out of my life and I've just told him the truth.
    I will not.
    We've never dated at all, he has nothing to worry about. We've known each other for almost 20 years, so as far as I'm concerned he's here to stay.
    And even DH agrees that a woman that would cut someone out of their life like that is not the woman he fell in love with.
    I've agreed to to totally honest with him (his ex wasn't and cheated) and I'll do all I can to deal with the fact that he will be jealous and try to be patient.

He doesn't like it, but just like I accept things about him, he has things that he needs to accept about me.
    I guess that's just marriage.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Thats sad he has no trust in you to know that even if a male friend wants to be with you that you would say no. You could either not have any male friends or have them and over time he will see he has nothing to worry about.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've tried both, and nothing seems to work.. I'm at a loss.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I have the same issue with my boyfriend...but he has no guys friends...he only spends time with girls.
    Born2BAMommy22

Answer by Born2BAMommy22 at 2:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• He talks to his ex all the time and its usually about me. and I'm fine with that. he has tons of friends that are girls on Facebook that he talks to and that doesn't bother me either.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 4:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011