Dh and I want to adopt

My dh and me really want to adopt. We have looked at overseas adoption but cannot do those because we dont make enough money. Social services doesnt have babies available. And we would ideally like an infant. What is the best way to find someone who wants to give a child up for adoption without going through an agency? We have our own bio kids but would rather adopt this time then have one of our own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Adoption

• If you would be willing to adopt a special needs child you should look into this website, they help families adopt children with Down Syndrome: reecesrainbow.com

dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 8:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i know you don't mean any harm, but I hate it when people say "one of our own" when referring to adopted kids and bio kids.
    Anonymous

• Yep, I've got 2 of my own. One is home-made. The other is an import. But they are both my own.
    mommy22miracles

Answer by mommy22miracles at 9:52 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Obviously I meant one of our own meaning one I cooked in my own belly. I already have foster kids and they are just like my own kids, so I didnt mean anything by it.
    Thanks and yes we would be willing to adopt a downs child. I have two special needs kids of my own and know they give so much love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Nov. 20, 2008