Is it better to be honest or to act like your someone your not?

Let's face it, being polite is how most of us work. But if someone asked you to tell them about some things that have happened, or about yourself, do you tell the real story or gloss it over? I'm not talking about horny details, just a basic story. I tried being honest, and I think it either freaked people out or they were reminded about their own short comings, and it doesn't always work. Oh well, that's me and I'm good with me.
How do you feel or deal with this?

TwilightMack

Asked by TwilightMack at 2:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Honesty is great when you can harness it. I don't believe in being fake but there have been people in my life who are brutally honest and that's annoying especially since you didn't ask their opinion. Keep it real...it's easier to remember.
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've always been honest and it won me my soul mate that I'm married too so it works for me!
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 2:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I am always honest if someone asks me personally or about myself, otherwise, I try to stick to polite with random every day people converstation - I dont' care anymore about scaring people off - everything I've done or been through has made me who i am - mistakes included..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i'm too honest i've found. i've just learned to keep my stories to myself or to people i really can trust, not just think i should be able to trust. and i've found it doesn't show weakness on my part, but theirs for being petty or judgmental.
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 2:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm always honest. Take it or leave it, but that's just me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm civil, but I'm myself....I don't change to please people, and if people don't like me, I have no problem with them walking away...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm honest.
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Honest. The truth always comes out eventually. Plus how can you really be happy with someone who you know isn't really in love with you just the image you put out.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011