What should I do with my 2 1/2 year old that thinks she is also a baby.

I cannot get oldest to potty train cause she still wants to be a baby. She asks to wear diapers. I have all the different training pants, and she has used potty from 18 months, but I cannot get her to take seriously. She thinks she can wear baby cloths and be carried like one. Part of it is a bit of jealousy. But the the big thing I worry about is we are getting another baby soon. My other little girl is 9 months. Anyone have ideas?

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 8:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• when i had my daughter my son was going on 3 and he still wasnt potty trained then at 4 he potty trained himself the only thing you can do is let her potty train herself she will know when she is ready my daughter potty trained herself at 3 well not fully shes still in diapers at night and shes almost 4 good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my advice would be to encourage her with all the fun things big girls get to do that babies dont. Tell her how helpful she can be by being mommies helper doing x y z. If she wants to be treated like a baby do so. Babies dont get cookies, candy etc. Babies take SEVERAL naps a day and go to bed earlier. Try these techniques and see what happens
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• This actually happens a lot with kids that have siblings so close in age. You have to let her go through it and really nothing you can do other then like the other poster said treat her like a baby.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 8:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008