Does this sound like paranormal activity to you?

OKay..some think Im whacko on this..whatever..idc...I believe there are spirits among us and some are just down right mischievous and scary!! lol ok..now I even think I'm whacko.
Heres the thing. We live in a super old house.It was built in the 1850's.(i love our house btw). The previous owner has told me YES she has experienced things here too.
Now this is what I'm witnessing.In my 2 yr old daughters room and the hallway near her room there are times when I feel the hair on my neck stands on end and I get fearful for some reason.Like someone is watching me and doesnt want me there.Peak time for this was around Halloween last year..she would wake screaming every single night. I ended up keep her in our room until that feeling passed and all seemed well. Until here recently.
I'm just going to explain this one thing..there are other things but don't want to bore you,lol.
Two nights ago, my 5 month old woke up in the middle of the night for his feeding.I was sitting up in my bed,nursing him and I was looking at the baby monitor (its a tv one) that is in my daughters room. There was a lot of static on the screen and then the static made a dark form.I kept watching, I never seen it do this before. The form woudl go away and then come back and then it seemed like the dark static or form was just over my daughter..not exactly on the screen..I squinted hard and stared and then my daughter jerked(she was asleep) as if she was touched. I sat watching and the static or form moved over her again and she moved again! Okay...I was FREAKED out! Coincidence of where the static was positioned on the screen or did something happen there? I put the baby down, went in her room and brought my 2 yr old into our bedroom, I couldnt leave her in there.I had her sleep in our room again last night and my dh thinks I'm slightly nutty..ok, maybe I am..I don't know but what do you think?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 2:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well I believe you and dont find you nutty. You had that hair on your neck stand up feeling for a reason. Ive had 3 pretty weird experiences that couldnt be explained. One instance is my mom rented an older home. She told me weird things happened like doors slamming every time she went upstairs it felt like something was pushing her Im like Ok mom. Till I stayed there with my baby and she ran out to do some errands. I heard distinct heavy footsteps on the top floor. A few minutes later I was sitting on the couch and a book flew off the table I stayed on the porch till my mom got back and told her I wasnt going to come over anymore she moved shortly after that. Maybe you could look into having someone come in or have the house blessed or cleansed if it were me I woud be moving.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well I do not know what faith you are but ... yes that is a supernatural thing happening in your home and since you said it is dark and you feel fear, it is definately not one of God's angels. The thing knows you are afraid which is why it stays. Personally the power of prayer works best using the name of Jesus... anything else just keeps them at bay but never gets rid of them entirely. I would be praying for my babies in their rooms nightly, asking Holy Spirit to come and for God to position angels in the room as well.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sprinkle holy water in her room & hallway & TELL the spirit to leave in the name of Jesus Christ. If you don't tell it to leave, it wont. I would then do the same thing with the Holy water throughout each room in the house. I pay the mortgage so I say who stays & goes! LOL! GL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Thats freaky! Ive gotton those fearfull hair raising feelings before, but I always said that I was scaring myself into those feelings. In th back of my mind I knew I wasn't though.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would move out in a heartbeat...but that is just me. Probably not the best vibe for kids or for mamas...breathe easy though - all is well in the world - there is much more wellbeing out there than the opposite.
    SigridSK

Answer by SigridSK at 2:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• that is really scary! if you feel threatened you can always try and tell it to leave you and your family alone
    whitneyw90

Answer by whitneyw90 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It could be..but there is no way to know for sure unless you bring in the pros.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I don't know, but it does sound freaky!
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Huh...could be. Could be weird coincidence. Either way, I'd do whatever I needed to to make myself feel better/safer.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I find that sage helps but also cleaning everything in that room might help. From the walls to the floor. There's a cd called Chakra Clearing by Doreen Virtue and she says that playing her CD in a room helps dispel negative energy or entities. I feel very calm and peaceful when I listen to it. It's a meditation cd and I swear it helps u fall asleep better and helps with starting ur day happier and brighter. Btw she is an angel practitioner and doctor in psychology.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 8:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011