Does your DH/SO get mad at you for being upset with him?

We had a pretty stupid spat last night. I mean it was dumb,juvenile and really shouldnt have happened. Something so small just escalated.

Well, he likes to hug the blanket, our temp is at 68 degrees and I needed to stay warm. I ask him really nicely to free up some of the blanket, he freed up maybe an inch of it , which wasnt even close to being enough. So I ask again and he ignores me. Then I yanked it and we started having a tug of war with the blanket. At this point I said, "you know what, Im done here,I am going to sleep in the living room". I grab another blanket from the closet and slept in the living room.

Well this morning, he comes to me and asks me if I was upset with him. I was like....um...duh. I am really upset. Well instead of apologizing, he gets all pissy with me and he goes, " you know what...lets see how long you stay mad for, then!" He then walked away. Well, he always does this. When he knows he has upset me, instead of manning up and at least talking about it, he gets mad at me and says stuff like....well, lets see how long you stay mad for! And then walks away. Then we start the cycle of not talking one another. Im not sure how long this is going to last. Anyway, i know this is pretty stupid and immature, and I am sure I will hear about it, and thats OK. I just really need some advice on how to deal with this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Yup and that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me and I left. I was sick of him doing that!

Answer by admckenzie at 2:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• When my hubby knows I am mad at him he picks on me to see if I am going to break. If I don't break he usually gives in to whatever we were agruing about. Usually I end up breaking by laughing at him being stupid.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yeah my dh gets mad at me for being mad at him sometimes,lol. It in turn pisses me off even more. But when all is said and done, we both realize we were both pretty stupid,lol. Sometimes we don't realize this until 2-3 days of silent treatment goes by,lol.
    For your situation...I would just bring another blanket in bed with me and you each have your own blanket..mine likes to hog the blanket too and can be a bit jerky when he's half asleep. But hey..whatever, right.
    Good Luck :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Never. He always tries to charm me into forgiving him, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Its the hardest thing for men to apologize. They'd rather pull teeth. If my hubby knows I'm pissed he'll be all sad for a while hoping I talk to him but when he realizes its not working he comes and apologizes..
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yep, he is immature, and doesn't know what to do when you are mad at him....It is also a power issue...Get some counselling to learn how to fight....and he was also being juvenile about the blanket....he needs to grow up...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Nope, my husband is an adult. Sounds like you both need to grow up. Why didn't you just get another blanket and bring it to bed?..especally if you know he hogs the blanket???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my husband will do that too! it really makes me even angrier! i am trying sooo hard to not react to his craziness! i should be the only crazy one in the house!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It's the classic switcheroo honey... If I AM MORE pissed than you, the tables automatically turn.. We as women are natural nurturers, we want to FIX things... bwahahahaha.. I'd say your hubby is SLICK!!! If HE IS the mad one, your defenses go down and it all of a sudden becomes about THIS and NOT what YOU were pissed at..
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If I'm angry, and it's a legitimate reason my dh will be super nice to me and try to make me happy. If it's a silly reason (and when I'm hormonal I will confess I can be silly) he just stays clear and is obviously annoyed with me. Your dh's attitude is childish, and I'd show him how long I could stay mad. He'd be the first to break on this. On a side note, my dh and I have separate blankets for this very reason. And we co sleep, so there are lots of blankets in our bed lol. Just saying.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011