Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I probably sound so desperate LOL but any help will do

I havent recieved child support for about 6 months and my ex just filed taxes in which he claimed our daughter so that he could catch up on support because I didnt have any income anyways from 2010 ( I was a student living off student loans.....eeeekkks) anyways... he is getting direct deposit and its scheduled to be in his account tomorrow (he gets a small portion for himself) does anyone know how long extra it will take for the offset to go to DRS and then to be forwarded to me....

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • You should of still been able to file taxes for going to school and you can get money back also where I live I get a child credit of 1,500.00 per child.

    Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • If you were on any kind of assistance through the state like cash or medical help they can take the portion that was going to go to you, if thats not the case it could take a few weeks to recieve it and thats if their was a tax intercept assigned to his taxes.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Do they take aportion of it if i am on medical? Thats all i have is medical I was denied for cash assistance and food stamps ... i cant find anywhere that says they take it for medical...

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • It depends on your state I guess but they can what I would do is call your child support office or hotline and ask for the number to the tax intercept department. ask if they have gotten his taxes yet they can tell you if it pops up on their end or not then ask when you will be recieveing it. Sometimes they tell you they are keeping it but atleast you will know one way or the other like I said every state is probably diffrent.

    Answer by okmommy08 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.