Has anyone's kid had a vcug test for kidney reflux?

my dd has to have this done next month and i'm so nervous for her :( they'll have to use a catheter and i know she's going to freak out. anyone else have a child go through this and not freak out? or how did you handle everything when they did? thanks :)

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yep, we did it too, and yes, it was difficult. Just know that it has to be done and that it won't take all that long. I don't know how old your child is (we had it done twice, both times when my daughter was young school-age), but if she's old enough, promise to take her for an ice cream cone or something else she enjoys afterward. Sometimes being a parent is hard :(
    Good luck!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 3:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My daughter had to have this done. It was difficult.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• aww :( i'm so scared i'll have to hold her down while she screams her head off
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• thanks vicesix! i'm so nervous for her (she's 4)....and you said it right, being a parent is HARD, i wish i could do this for her :(
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Feb. 25, 2011