Is it hard to go back to work after maternity leave?

whitneyw90

Asked by whitneyw90 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

• for some people, yes for some people, no... personally it was hard for me so i quit my job to be a sahm
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It was very emotional for me because I took extra time off. I am due to go back Monday and I really don't want to. I don't want to leave my baby. Now you are about to make me cry. lol
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Not for me. I couldn't wait to get back to normal. I had/have high quality child care and i work in a family friendly office so i really had nothing to worry about.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It depends on you. Some people have a hard time and some can't wait to go back to an adult environment. Sometimes it's a mixture of both.
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 2:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Depends on you and your situation. For me, staying home was harder.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It is and it isn't. And, it's going to depend a lot upon your job and why you are working at it in the first place. It's pretty wrenching to think about going back to work, but what I found, and what I know many other working mothers have found too, is that it is wonderful to go back to being ourselves again. Once the baby comes, you become a mother. When you go back to work, it's like you now get to be a mother and yourself again too.

evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 2:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It was very difficult for me when I had my first. I took 12 weeks off and my best friend was babysitting her, but I just couldn't bear to be away from her. By the time I was pregnant with my next one, I knew I wasn't going back to work.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It wasn't too hard for me. The first week back was a little rough, but by the second week, we were starting to get into a routine.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 3:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It was a little hard, but I knew I had to do what I had to do. And it gets MUCH easier.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I had a baby with awful colic; it was a relief to hand her to someone else.

The hardest part was worrying about pumping enough breastmilk; I developed a bad habit of setting my alarm for two hours after my daughter nursed. This just made me more tired, and actually hurt my production. Then I discovered brewers yeast tablets, and I produced plenty of milk!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011