How long did you know your SO before you started dating?

How long after meeting your current SO did you start dating? If you're married please include how long after you started dating did you get engaged? and then married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• WE known each other since kindergarten start talking after graduation got married 6 years later now4 yrs 2 kids later we still holding on
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 2:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My current SO, we've known each other for 16 years. Engaged after 8 months and will be married 15 months after we first started dating.

My XHs (2 of them) I only knew for a couple months before dating. 1st, engaged after 8 months. 2nd, engaged after 4 years.
    1st I just wanted to be married, didn't pay attention if it was for the right reasons. 2nd, it was just the next step of get married or split up...we chose wrong but we did have a beautiful DD from it.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We basically met on a blind date. A friend gave him my # and he called me. We talked for a while and made plans to meet 3 days later. We hit it off, and then started seeing each other a few times a week,and it progressed from there. We had been dating for 14 months when he proposed, then we married 8 months later. This June we will celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 2:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• met in sept. 2007 started dating Dec. 2007
    got engaged Dec. 2008 got married Feb. 12, 2009
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We knew each other 5 years - met when I was 13 and he was 18... he was my best friend's big brother. I first thought he was annoying and a big dork - ROFL. We started dating when I was 19 and he was 24. Dating in April, engaged a week later and married within 4 months. LOL We went pretty fast but knew each other VERY well and had become VERY good friends over the years. We've been married now 19 1/2 years - we celebrate our 20th in August :)
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 2:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• married for almost 12 years, and knew him for about 10 minutes before we had our first 'date' .
    we consummated the relationship about 10 yours after we met. I was making him wait until after midnight so that when I slept with him it wouldn't be the day we met. :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I met my fiance at his bday party a friend was throwing him. I thought he was completely obnoxious and he thought i was stuck up. Next time I saw him he seemed alot better. My friend started making the moves on him and they'd hang out. Slowly he started talking to me more instead of her and I realized I liked him. Tried to hide it because my friend liked him. He eventaully just started only calling me and we'd go on dates. That was over a couple of months. We dated for about 2 1/2 months and then made it a committed thing. 2 years later we have a 7 month old baby and we're engaged. Couldn't be any happier!!!!! And my friend doesn't hate me. LOL
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well...we didn't really date. We slept together the first night we met, moved in together two weeks after that, then we were married 5 years after we met. It has now been 6 years since we got married.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My Husband and I didn't date. We met online, and 3 months later, We met in person and moved in Together all in one day. I proposed to Him a month and a half later on the night He deployed to Iraq, then We got Married three days shy of 7 months later during His R&R. We have been Married 5 1/2 years and Together for over 6 years, and We have THE perfect Son, who will be 4 in June. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 2:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The first time we met was somewhat of a blind date...ONE THAT I DID NOT WANT TO GO ON BUT WAS FORCED INTO BY MY MOTHER,LMBO! My moms boyfriend at the time wanted me to meet his friend but I couldnt stand her boyfriend so I didnt want to meet anyone her knew. My mom made me go pretty much..they like just pulled in front of my house and said your going and I didnt want to seem like a b**** by not going so I went. I was glad I did..he then asked me out on a date while we were there on our first meeting eachother so I guess we just started off by dating,lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011