Q? about tinting car windows

What % is "limo tint"?

hill_star03

Asked by hill_star03 at 2:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Travel

• Isn't that 5%? I haven't had my windows tinted in over 11 years..I can't remember.
    BeachMommy07

Answer by BeachMommy07 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We had to have our windows tinted last summer because we bought a new car and limo was offered at 5% I'm thinking but I couldn't see out of it so we went one step up.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 3:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• 5%. It is illegal to have on a private vehicle in most states, or at least on the two front windows
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 2:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• People outside cannot see in. Limos don't have this on the driver's windows because it is very dark to see out of, especially at night. It's used to give passengers in the back seats privacy.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 3:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm not worried about the legality, since I am going to a professional business...and I live in AZ where we have very few laws...you don't even have to sit a baby RF in this state. (but I still do anyway)
    I want it to be limo level to keep the desert sun out of my boys eyes and so that no one can see into my car from the sides. I'm not going to tint the front window because I need to see out of it at night lol
    hill_star03

Comment by hill_star03 (original poster) at 4:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Do people actually tint the front window? That's crazy!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:44 AM on Feb. 25, 2011

• Why is tinting the front window crazy? The driver wants to be shielded from the sun too. I wouldn't tint it all the way to 5%, but 30% maybe would be fine.
    hill_star03

Comment by hill_star03 (original poster) at 10:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2011