What do you do to cure the lonley blues you get from time to time?

grismelda

Asked by grismelda at 3:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Depends on how often you get these blues. If it's longer than a week or two then you may have depression. Depression isn't just crying all the time...it's being irritable, easily annoyed or angered, and just not feeling up to anything, and fatigue. I went years without knowing bc I thought it was just normal to have the blues every so often. But then it got to the point where I knew something was really wrong when I just couldn't control how I was feeling. I went to a psychiatrist and since depression is hereditary in my family he said that I do have it and that its a chemical imbalance. It's not our fault that we have it. But it can be cured. If you feel it happens more often than not, try going to see a family doc or better yet a psychiatrist (they know more about this stuff). Getting on medication was the best thing I've ever done for myself and the others around me. Good luck girl :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yeah but medication cannot cure you,or does it?
    grismelda

Comment by grismelda (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Actually it cannot be cured but treated** I'm sorry my mistake. I say this because some people think after taking meds for awhile it will go away, but when it's a chemical imbalance (could be other things) it doesn't go away on its own and getting off meds could make it so you don't respond to medication anymore.

I'm NOT saying you have depression....its' just a thought. :)
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• hobbies. mine is WoW careful though for some people games are highly addicting.
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 3:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Do something for someone else. Go visit someone who is also lonely or ask them to come to my house for coffee or lunch. Bake a batch of cookies and share them with someone who doesn't have time to bake but would love to if she could. Offer to help out a new mom with her baby and/or other children. Fix a meal for someone who's been in the hospital or feeling ill at home. If you will look around you, you will find many others who would love your company, so offer it!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• go to bed early...
    cry...
    have a drink (although I havn't done that in like 4 months)...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Depression is not out the question, like the first poster said. It involves being tired a lot (I know it can be hard to NOT be tired when you're a mom, but when you're just... always tired), having days where you just don't even want to get dressed, and things like that. It's a hard funk to get out of too (coming from someone who is very seriously depressed), because you can reach a point where you don't even want to see anyone... which obviously doesn't help with the lonliness.
    That said, what I do when I'm feeling like that... is I try to talk to ANYONE. Even if it's just on my facebook or via text - I'll just start talking to people I haven't talked to in awhile, or don't talk to on a regular basis. Even just coming here helps.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Scrapbook.
    tastymama

Answer by tastymama at 2:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2011