If you lived in Libya...?

Or if there was a potentially dangerous uprising/revolution in your area would you stay to protect your home/community or try to get out?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 3:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Lived there as an American Citizen/Dual Citizen? Or as a Natural Born Citizen?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Regardless of where I were living, if my family were at risk of danger.....I'd do everything I could to leave and get them to safety. My home is where my family is. No dwelling is worth putting them at risk.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Regardless of where I were living, if my family were at risk of danger.....I'd do everything I could to leave and get them to safety. My home is where my family is. No dwelling is worth putting them at risk

Agree with this

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would get out. My children mean more than anything, and i would ensure their safety, first and foremost. Although I may want to fight for my rights, my baby needs me more.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

Answer by grlygrlz2

Doesn't have to be Libya, reading about all the people trying to leave got me thinking. If were happening in your community, what would you do?

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If I were a natural born citizen, I would stay and fight for the future of my country. If I were living in another nation for work, etc~ I would leave.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

Answer by DusterMommy

That's pretty easy to say, nobody would put thier family in harms way to protect posessions, but if your entire country was on fire where would you go?  

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 3:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It would really depend on the circumstances.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• That's pretty easy to say, nobody would put thier family in harms way to protect posessions, but if your entire country was on fire where would you go?

I think most people with kids would make a judgement call based on the best thing for their kids...If I thought fleeing to another country held a safer route , I would take them and go that way. If it was too dangerous,. I would stay and fight.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• It would depend upon my circumstances. If I had the means and somewhere else to go then yes I would leave. I don't think most are that fortunate though. Think about it, if someone told you that you had to pack up your family and go to another country and survive where would you go? How would you survive?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011