How can you know for sure that you have paranormal activity going on in your house?

Is there some kind of test to do or something?
What signs do you look for ?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 3:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• You can buy ghost-hunting equipment from several Fringe Specialty stores, including a radio set up that captures ghostly voices as they speak (no waiting to play the tape when you are doing an EVP). One cheaper trick I use (to see if a spirit is around or there is a portal somewhere) are a pair of divining rods I made from one wire hanger. You cut the hook off the top of the hanger (with wire cutters) and then snip it in the center of the lower bar, bend the shorter bars out to form a right angle, and you have a pair of divining rods. Hold one loosely in each hand, both pointing forward, and walk to a spot where you have experienced something strange. If the rods cross one another, there is an entity there. If they splay open, it is probably a portal.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:12 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• There are people who this with their magnetic energy fields thingy, google it.

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• well if you really believe in this stuff and have children, do what I did and take your children to your moms or whoever and well piss the spirit off anyway possible they live off anger and sadness if nothing happens then it might just be paranormal activity in your mind someone your thinking about everyday that has passed away looking down on you, and you can feel it! and if you start to hear growls or mild crashing sounds start talking to the air as if your in love with the walls (I know its weird but it works) and pack your things and get the hell out! If you don't feel or hear anything get a professional immediately you never know what could be lurking around. P.S. I know I sound crazy but I'm a big time believer!
    HypoHeartBaby

Answer by HypoHeartBaby at 3:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Is there some kind of test to do or something?
    kind of, people that call themselves ghost-busters have been known to use machinery to test for energy fields and the like.

it's a complicated process, hard to explain.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Other than what you or your loved ones feel or see and without the equipment the professionals use you can't get concrete proof. You can set up cameras if things are being moved and such to catch it (if you're lucky). Unless things are extreme (like being physically harmed) then you should contact a priest or someone experienced. If it's just sightings and noises, you could revel in the novelty and enjoy lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Obviously nothing that would convince people who don't believe it's possible.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• EEEK! If I hear growls or mild crashing sounds..I aaint spending no kind of time packing..I'll be hittin the road, jack! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011