is it normal to be getting scared =/

people always ask me if im scared...scared of what?having the baby? no im not..
i always tell them im haappy about everything,and i am..but now i actually start getting scared..i only turned 17 y/o last week..and now im looking forward and thinking "wow,im going to be a mom" its a big responisbility im willing to take care of..its just the thought of it..though i know im going to do my best with family support..has anyone felt like this?
& another thing is..if my bf still has the job he has,he wont spend much time with the baby =/ he goes to school from 8-11:30 and has to get to work at 3,then he comes home around 10..on weekends its from 11-6 so thats good i guess,..i just want him their with the baby longer than 4 hours orsomething

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 8:28 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its normal to get scared i did with my first and i was 20 when i had him with the other question i cant really help sorry
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• SORRY...THE OTHER PART OF MY BF ISNT A QUESTION REALLY TO UNDERSTAND..WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY AS WELL IS IF YOU RAISED YOUR CHILD MORE THAN YOUR BF/HUBBY?? DID IT WORK OUT??
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 8:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My husband works a bunch too. He said that he said its better to have quality time than quantity time. Good Luck and I think every pregnant woman gets those nerves. Hang in there babe and congrats.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Sounds to me like you bf is being very responsible by going to school and working. He may not get as much time with the baby in the beginning but he is doing it to provide a better future. As for being scared yes it is normal. Not just for young mothers either. I am 30 and have 3 kids and I was scared with all of them. It is natural. Everything will be ok {{{HUGS}}}
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i agree with imtheonlysane1
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I was 17 when I had my son. And yes it is hard at first but you will get used to it. I am now 19 and Going on baby #3. We have a 2yr old a 10m old and another baby girl due next month. He works from 4pm to 2am and he gets home sleeps til 10 or 11am and then leaves for work at 3 sometimes earlier. It is hard being the only one there with your baby/babies all day and dealing with everything and being the one that never gets a break you will find yourself saying to your BF that he is the lucky one because he gets to get away. And if you have family support that will come in handy I dont. Sorry to go on and on.
    Anonymous

• oh sorry and I agree with imtheonlysane1 too.
    Anonymous

• well i'm definitely scared about my pregnancy and when the baby comes, right now, if that makes you feel better. i think we both just need to realize that we are old enough (i'm 21 i'll be 22 when baby comes) to get ourselves into this situation, so we are old enough to deal with it in a mature and healthy way. we are built to do this, and as long as we think of the baby first, our instincts will allow us to be amazing mothers to our children. good luck to you and CONGRATS!
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 8:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Most people that asked me that question when I was pregnant were referring to the actual labor itself. I also agree with imtheonlysane1. Congratulations sweety!
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 9:11 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• LOL That Im not scared attitude is pretty standard for trimester 1&2 but once the third hits or someone says "you know they say pregnancy is the easy part of raising kids" then all fear breaks loose! You want the truth? It is hard. SO hard. But it's so amazing too and you become this person yuo never knew you could be. It builds serious character and holding that baby is SO amazing. Fear is okay. Its a great sign your going to be an amazing mother. Just know that God does not call the qualified He qualifies the called and He will equip you mentally emotionally and financially to raise his blessing straight form heaven and please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008