Miscarriage

went for a sonogram today. i should be 7 weeks 5 days and the baby hasnt grown past 6 weeks 3 days. they also lost the heartbeat from my sono last week. so they sent me home and said to let nature take its course. so what am i supposed to do now?!?!? just sit here and wait to bleed?!? i dont know what to do with myself. im so sad all i can manage to do is stare out the window. whats worse is that we told people including my 2 other kids. i cant imagine telling everyone that we lost this baby. help

mykidsmom86

Asked by mykidsmom86 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm sorry honey. I had 4 miscarriages before I had my little boy. I know what you're going through all too well. It's so much more common than some people realize. It's a very natural thing, as horrible as it feels. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you and it doesn't mean you won't have a healthy baby one day. Yes, for now you just go home and let things happen. Take some ibuprofen and try using a heating pad. It will help with the cramping. A miscarriage at this stage feels like a really bad, heavy period. I feel for you. I know how painful and disappointing it is but you will get through it, I promise.
    courtloux_128

Answer by courtloux_128 at 3:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm so sorry! I had a miscarriage and it is the saddest thing ever. We had told some friends too. However, this made it a little easier, because when it happened, I had someone I could call, and my dear friend came and sat with me. I will pray for you and your family and again, I am sorry this happened.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Oh, I am so sorry. I had one at 12 weeks . . . . and it was so hard because we thought we were in the clear after the heartbeat was found. Your friends will understand. Most of them have probably miscarried or know someone who has. The kids . . . . I just told them that it takes a long, long time to grow the baby . . . sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. This time it didn't work, but we are not going to give up, we are going to try and grow a baby again. :) That keeps it positive for them.

Soooo, you . . . . . hugs . . . . I would just take it easy, take care of yourself, and just do whatever feels good to you.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'm so sorry. I've had 6 miscarriages, so I know it's awful! The very best thing you can do is to enlist everyone else's help for a while and allow yourself to feel what you feel. I also think that honesty (on a simple level) is best for your children. My daughters were 3 and 5 when we were told that I'd lost my son. They were in the doctor's office with my husband and me. If you are near your family, let them come help with the children for a few days. Let them help around the house. Let them bring in a few meals. Tell them what you need, if you know.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• group hugSurround yourself with friends and family I am sorry for your lost but remember god would never put you through anything he knew you couldnt get through

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 3:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• awww sorry hon. i have also had a miscarriage (actually three in my lifetime) and it is very hard. my prayers are with you
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I am so sorry.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 3:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've had two. I just really wanted the bleeding to stop so that I could move on and my cycle could become regular again.
    So sorry for your lose. :(
    chelsea_renee

Answer by chelsea_renee at 5:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• This also happened to me. It was really the worst thing that ever happened. Just take care of yourself, tell your mother or husband and let them tell other people. You have to tell your kids. I told my son "The doctor thought I was pregnant, but it turns out I'm not. Some day we will have another baby." There is no reason for them to know the truth. I have had 2 kids since then. I waited until I was 5 months to tell my kids. Good luck to you, I'm really sorry!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2011