How horrible am I?!?!

So I'm 8 1/2 weeks pregnant and I'm feeling like..I wish I wasnt pregnant right now. I feel so guilty even saying that. I know I will love this baby I'm just so stressed out. I was just married 6 months ago. This will be our first child together. I have a son who will be 3 next month and a step son who will be 3 in may. I feel like they are still young and so much work and they've already had to share attention between each other and this isnt fair to them. I dont know how Im going to have time for a new baby and the ones I already got. Plus I'm a newlywed...we havent even got to enjoy that time as newlyweds yet. Im just so sad and scared I guess. Is it even normal to think this way? I wanted to wait a little while before we had a baby...but life had different plans for me I guess. I hope this is just me being hormonal because my body is changing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You are totally not horrible . . . . hugs . . . . you are just going through an adjustment to a change of plans. you'll probably feel very different about it as your pregnancy develops.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 3:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Thanks. I just look at my 3 year old and I cry. I feel so bad for him. After me and his father split up he was introduced to my now husband and his son...hes been growing up with my step son sense he was 7 months old. I feel like he didnt even get to be a baby by himself and then his dads new girlfriend got pregnant right away..so hes always shared the attention. I just feel so bad!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Not horrible at all but human, it would have better to wait a while but you didn't so now you have to deal with it, it will get better, hugs!

Answer by older at 3:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You are simply hormonal right now, gibe yourself time to process and adjust.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Your son will love growing up with siblings ... they are the greatest gift
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 3:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• aww, youre not horrible. Its probably hormonal and once the baby gets here it will be like he/she was always meant to be here and you will barely even remember this time when you felt this way. Good Luck...and congrats momma :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Is your son having problems with his sb? If they have been together since 7 months he should not even comprehend him ever not being there. Really, kids don't care how many sisters and brothers they have at that age. You are just hormonal. Everything will be fine.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think that it is normal to feel that way! I think that you are going to need to take time for you two before the baby comes! Make this time count for the hole family, do family outings, also remember that being Pregnant is a special time to enjoy! As for when the baby does get here remind the older children all the time how special they are to you guys, and if they want to help let them, it will let them feel like your special helper!
    tripletmom28

Answer by tripletmom28 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• No matter how many kids you have there is always the chance to make each of them feel special. It may take a little more time and effort on your part, but it can be done. I stressed about bringing my second child home the same way you are stressing now. I wondered how I could love another child as much as I already loved my firstborn. Then I came across a really great metaphor for a mother's love. It compares love to a candle flame. You can take a candle (the mother) and light another (her child), and you have two flames... but the original flame is not any smaller and it's still just as bright. When you light yet a third, the first is still not diminished.

It's not horrible that you feel the way you do now. It's completely normal. But remember how much you will love this new baby once it gets here. That love will compel you to become the best mom you can be and to help all of your children feel loved and feel special.
    Wandybrine

Answer by Wandybrine at 3:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think you are feeling totally normal.

you aren't terrible, just human.
    Anonymous