Ok, I am only posting this here because the ppl in the Home & Garden section either arent reading the whole post or are just really stupid....

My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment with our 5 month old son, and the only problem I have found is that the kitchen is INFESTED with ants!! Not those little tiny house ants...GIGANTIC black nasty things!!! We've only lived there since Saturday, and its been like 30 degrees out so I somehow doubt they just came shuffling in from outside...what are some ways I can get rid of the things that are SAFE to use with my son around?? Is this something I should bring up to my landlord? [then again, my apt. complex has very poor management it probably wouldnt do much] but what can I do to get rid of them?? We don't leave food laying around, or dishes in the sink or anything so....??????????

Asked by AidensMommy608 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• ok i read the whole post and im not stupid either you asked for advice on how to get rid of them and i told you

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Anonymous

• Well bombing your apartment with a 5 month old baby is NOT a good idea...the gas is toxic to infants. Sorry.

Answer by AidensMommy608 at 8:36 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i know people who bombed their house with infants as long as you do what it says the baby will be find and those big ants bite i found that out

Answer by wendy232425 at 8:38 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Anonymous

• you'd have to find out what kind of ants they are to get rid of them. i know that doesn't help you much, but it's all i can say w/o seeing them. i had a MAJOR ant problem when i lived in hawaii. ugh... just thinking about it makes my skin crawl. i hope you figure it out soon! try google to see what type they are and what they respond to! good luck!!!! =)

Answer by pugmama at 8:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• every day wash area then spray with bug spray everyday,put a fan on so the smell do get to the baby

• the second link from anon 8:39 has great home remedies ideas i did not know about I would try that

• Sprinkle baby powder around where you see them and where you think they are coming in. They will eat it and take it back to their colony (?) and their stomachs will explode. I think you can use Borax too. Just keep baby away from it so she doesn't breathe it in or taste it.

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 10:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008