Toddlers and tiaras

horrifying or adorable?
i vote disgustingly and utterly horrifying. i would say it's akin to child abuse! :P

juliness

Asked by juliness at 3:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• Horrifying and shameful.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• You have a weird sense of what child abuse is....I think they are fine, not my cup of tea for the most part, but cute.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 3:54 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• well i'm not exactly SERIOUS about it being actual child abuse, but let's say it has a great potential for some emotional problems... maybe that's a little more PC
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 3:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I cant for the life of me imagine spending that much money on beauty pageants. I feel so sorry for the little girls who dont win, they are crushed.

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 3:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Absolutely horrifying... There is no reason to tart up little girls, making them look much older than they are, having them shake their booties in cone bras and hot pants, yuck. Most of the time, it seems like it's the mothers who want their little girls to be in those pageants as some way to gratify their OWN desires, not the girls'.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• "well i'm not exactly SERIOUS about it being actual child abuse, but let's say it has a great potential for some emotional problems... maybe that's a little more PC "

I'm lost. do you mean little girls wearing tiaras because they like to dress up in them, or beauty pageants?
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• you've never heard of the show toddlers and tiaras??? it's a show that follows crazy parents vicariously living through their toddlers and making them perform like circus animals... here's a link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTxL5o4TH5g
    juliness

Comment by juliness (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Love it! My dd does pageants and not all of them are evil and the way they show on TV. Its a reality show and they are showing you what will get them ratings. Pageants also have all natural categories but for some reason the show doesnt show that side, hmmm wonder why?

Answer by gemgem at 5:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i totally agree with you i hate seeing that show it upsets me horribly i often think of jean bennet ramsey (sp) poor lil girls
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 7:59 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The natural girls are fine, I think, and their mothers don't seem to be crazy. And the girls look like *gasp* LITTLE GIRLS.

It's those glitz families... Talk about nightmare....
    Those babies look too grown, and their photos tend to be so touched up it doesn't even look like the same child.
    SpaceToast

Answer by SpaceToast at 8:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011