Im 15 weeks pregnant and im having black outs everytime i stand up, is that normal.

It dosent happen all the time, like today i feel fine, but most days im am completely drained of all energy i cant make myself get off the couch. When the "episodes" happen i have an uneasieness in my chest and im dizzy and when i stand up everything goes black. I take my blood pressure when this happens and last time it was 100/90. Is this something to be conserned about???

jhenry456

Asked by jhenry456 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yes!!! Talk to your doc about it though. I have had this same exact problem with all three of my children. Some say it is from hormones and others say it is from your diet. I know how scary it is! Just learn that when it starts to come on then sit down so that you dont fall.
    familynsni

Answer by familynsni at 4:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well the 90 is way way way too high, especially considering you're only 15 weeks.

Being dizzy alone isn't a hige deal but if you've taked your blood pressure and it's that high you really need to contact your health care professional.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• talk to your ob fast that is dangerous hun
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Blackouts and dizziness happened to me all the time while I was growing up and well into my teenage years, especially when I jumped quickly from a sitting or prone position to my feet. Went to A LOT of tests, but no tests ever came back saying what was wrong with me. So the Dr finally just told me to quit standing up so quickly, and always have my hand on something for about 15 seconds until I'm steady on my feet. It worked! Rather than jumping up from the couch and running to catch the telephone on the second ring, I learned to let it ring 4 or 5 times until I was sure my balance was there... No problems since.

Obviously consult your OBGYN, but with pregnancy, do make sure you're getting sufficient amounts of protein--generally about 1/2 gram per pound of your body weight per day. (If you weigh 150 pounds, get about 75 grams of protein per day). Good Luck and take it slow!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 9:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Talk to your OB
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:17 AM on Mar. 14, 2011