Question for stay at home moms?

Do you actually ever get anything done? I'm a stay at home mom and I am busy around the house all day but it seems like I never really accomplish anything. I clean house everyday but the whole house is never clean, like the kitchen and the family room are clean but the bathrooms are a messing. I wash cloths everyday but I never get the laundry "done". Is it just me?

And because I know someone will say it, yes sometime during the day I do get on the computer and check my emails or ask a silly question on CafeMom but that's neither here nor there. LOL

Julia0331

Asked by Julia0331 at 4:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Just for Fun

• i know how you feel. my husband has called being a stay at home mom "lala land". he (and a lot of men) seem to think we sit around and watch soaps and eat bon bons all day
    juliness

Answer by juliness at 4:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes, and actually our son (who just turned 3) will ask to help me with the laundry! I do one load a day and just keep his toys picked up all day long so it's not messy throughout the day. Having one child is easier I guess though.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 4:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Nah theres always something that needs to get done. I have actually gotten the entire house clean now that all my kids are in school all day, but within 15 minutes of them being home something is dirty again. Laundry seems to never get caught up. I also love how my teens will keep putting clean clothes in the dirty clothes that dont fit them rather then toss them in the trash.

Answer by gemgem at 4:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I work part time so my kids are not even in my house all day and I still can't keep all that up! It only makes sense. You clean while you LO's (and DH) follow you around and make a whole new mess of what ever you just cleaned.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I usually clean kitchen and living room daily. Then add bathroom and bedrooms on other days. With it scheduled like that, the routine makes you feel like your actually accomplishing things. I also designate days to add reading time or movie times to help 'Spice' up that day to day feeling :) GL!
    IzysMomma

Answer by IzysMomma at 4:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've come to accept that my house is clean just messy alot cuz as soon as I tidy up the kids rip it apart. I make sure the kitchen is tidy & laundry I chip away at.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I never get laundry done either...its never ending LOL.
    Its hard with little ones, i have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old and 1 yr old and it seems while i'm cleaning they are following me around undoing everything i've just done LOL oh well kids will be kids. I'm sure its easier with kids that are in school.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yes, I've always gotten done what I needed to do, even when I was working part-time & going to school full-time & running my son to his numerous medical & therapy appts. Of course, our place is really small & we don't have a lot of stuff (although still more than I'd like), but I think what it really comes down to is figuring out a system that works for you. Once your system is in place, it's almost like the place cleans & organizes itself....almost.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Bwahahahahahhaha ALL the time.. I feel like I go NON stop ALL day and I'm EXHAUSTED with NOTHING to show for it,... But in reality there is.. you fed your children, MAYBE clothed them and bathed them, and kept everyone from killing each other. I've dubbed my gremlins Counter and Productive.. These 3 yr olds can truly tear up the joint.. 1 hr to "Clean House" = 3 hours to clean up the havoc they've wreaked on the REST of the house.. bwahahahhaa
    peekab00

Answer by peekab00 at 4:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• sweepingwashing dishescatfrustratedi get what you mean , i have my 2 kids clean up after themselves - constant reminding - everyday is non stop [ just about ] picking up the house and chores ,

letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011