I am not a materialistic person but...

I gave my SO an out on XMAS and Valentines day because we dont need to spend unnecessary money while we are trying to buy a new house and I did not allow him to get me a b-day gift that cost 350.00 so I kinda didn't get anything. Today is our anniversary and he hasn't said ONE single word to me ALL day! Im afraid that I gave him too many out and now he thinks he doesn't have to appreciate me at all. I don't want a gift or anything like that but I could use a hello a hug maybe a sweet card. Im so upset with him that I cannot even think of anything nice to put in the card I got him.    How do I tell him how I feel without sounding ungrateful.  Also I am pregnant and pretty emotional lately.

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*Hugs*~
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 4:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• hugs

L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Since he wanted to get you gifts any you refused them, maybe he feels like his efforts were under appreciated and doesn't want to go through that again. I would tell him how you feel about him in general, and not about not him not acknowledging your anniversary when you write out the card. Maybe after you give it to him it will jog his memory (c:

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Yea but I think he should know that something needs to be done or said. He also knows today is our anniversary.
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 4:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Aww, I'm sorry :(

But honestly, he's a guy. They may remember days like your birthday and Christmas, but that doesn't necessarily means he remembers your anniversary... So maybe he just forgot! Or maybe he's waiting until the end of the day to do something, surprise you like that. Either way, I'm sure being pregnant and hormonal doesn't help things. I'd just write him a nice card, and give it to him. Either he'll realize he totally messed up, and will make it up to you somehow, or he'll surprise you by having something for you, too :)
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 4:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Maybe yo could just put a smile on and hug him and wisper happy anniversary to him. See how he reacts..he may realize its important and do something for you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Maybe he got mixed signals because you weren't doing gifts. It doesn't always occur to a man that an inexpensive card and one rose can go a long way. Just tell him you are bummed he didn't recognize your anniversary but don't blow a fuse over it- this will be one of many and you're pregnant so if you get worked up you could easily over react due to hormones. Just let him know so he can do better next time and don't let it ruin the day today or what's left of it. Tell him tomorrow he could be kind and celebrate being with you X years and 1 day and show you a little love. He probably thinks he's going to rock your world in bed tonight and that will be his anniversary gift to you- lol! Men! Sometimes you really have to spell it out for them.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 4:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• that sucks i mean he could of done a card. i don't have any advice but wanted to show support in that how your feeling is totally normal and i'm sorry your husband isn't more sensitive. i don't think it has anything to do what you have said in the past. i mean so you asked for no gifts but a card and a happy anniversary is not a gift.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sometimes guys are just oblivious. He may not realize just how much this anniversary means to you.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Your feelings are understandable, a hug and even a hand written note doesn't cost anything. Perhaps write something sweet in his card and he'll get the hint and give him a chance to return the sentiment. Though if he still says or does nothing just tell him straight out how you feel, but be sure to stay calm and try not to sound bitter about not being appreciated on your anniversary.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 5:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011