Which bible character(s) do you identify with most and why?

kittieashy

Asked by kittieashy at 4:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• David. He sinned many times against God, but he always had a repentant heart.
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 4:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Job because God allowed him to be torn down and test his faith. My life has been hard in many ways and I just sometimes feel like Job I guess.

Answer by gemgem at 4:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• The woman at the well
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Same as KennsWifey, David because I have done the same. Nothing terrible though
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 5:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sometimes Peter and Sometimes David... depending on the season I am in.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Priscilla.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Most definitely Peter! So many times I am so certain I won't fail the Lord and ultimately and sadly I do. There have been times when I needed to learn to temper my faith and convictions with mercy and love. And what I love most about Peter is we get to see the change in him from the young, passionate apostle to the wiser and deeper elder in his books! Goes to show that we never stop growing and changing no matter our age or situation, when we let God work in us!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 11:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• sorry did not see why. because my husband and I do alot of bible studies together and help other churches.
    ptomom678

• I've always identified myself with Peter. He had a bit of a mouth on him and it got him in trouble sometimes. lol He was bold and he spoke his mind. Out of everybody that was in the boat that day, Peter was the only one that wanted to get out of his "comfort zone" and step out in faith. He sliced off a man's ear to defend his Lord. The same man who took that drastic action later denied his Lord. If it came right down to the nitty gritty, would I deny my Lord? I would like to say no, but I will honestly never know for sure until I'm put in that situation. That's another reason I identify with Peter. I identify with David too. One because of his repentant heart and two, because he was a true praiser of God. He praised with instruments, with singing, with dancing....He didn't care what anybody thought about it; he loved God so much that he just couldn't contain it!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Those are some great answers and many of them I never even thought of (David and Peter) and I love your reasons! I also agree with Shane that mine will change depending on the season I'm in. Presently I'm identifying more with Mary (Jesus' mother). The reasons are: 1-she was an ordinary woman, she was a chosen woman, she was available, she was willing to lose her reputation for the cause of Christ, she was a believing woman, a praising woman, a woman of the Word, a praying woman, and a loved woman.
    kittieashy

Comment by kittieashy (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Feb. 25, 2011