Gymnastics, Dance?

I am looking for activities for my oldest dd she will be 5 this yr. She wants to play t ball but also said she wants to do dance ro gymnastics. Do any of you have ur kids in it? About how much do you spend for lessons or classes for this?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My girls have taken both dance and gymnastics. It's hard to recall because they've done lots of activities, but I think it was around $40 a month for younger kids and $65 a month for older. If cost is a major concern I would go with gymnastics. There are alot of extra charges for dance, especially the costumes for the preformances.
    Have fun!
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 5:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my dd is 4.. we are wanting to get her signed up for gymnastics -- she tried taekwondo & didnt enjoy it at all--
    the price can vary where you are at & the place itself.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My dd just turned 6 and we started her last year in all the extra curricular stuff. She did softball last year and didnt like it much. We go through the Optimist club and they always have something going on for the kids. She did cheerleading for them for football season and basketball season. It ends on Saturday. We also do cheerleading and dance on the side with a cheer company. Its $45 a month. We are going to be adding gymnastics to the schedule and its once a week and $40 a month at the rec center.
    be sure to call around and see if the people who sponsor little league do cheer. Thats what we did. I made sure she liked it first. Privately the cost is more, you pay monthly, plus costumes, and travel expenses if you go to nationals (and we do).

Answer by gemgem at 5:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Where my daughter went for gymnastics/dance we paid $72/per month for one class a week. But she plays sports through the YMCA and it's $60 for the whole session (which is usually 10 weeks).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Prices vary where you go. My dd's have done, gymnastics, dance, karate, soccer and swimming lessons and will be starting a gym class this week. They also take art classes, science class and zoo classes. We stay with what interests them They are 5 and 7.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2011