Nose pierced

My daughter will be 17 Friday, she wants her nose piecered. I don't knowhow I feel about that. Her father says no. Any opinions or advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• They're sort of a pain to take care of, does she have a job that she can have it in? Or is she going to get a retainer for it? I got mine done but when I was out of the house, if she gets a super small stud then I don't see an issue.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Can she wear it at shcool? I know in Tn where we live there is a NO piercing except in the ears at the schools. I see nothing wrong with it as long as it dosent interfer with the dress code.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I would tell her to wait another year, then at 18 she can make her own choices. That's our rule with extra piercings and tattoos.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i would let mine , dad definatly not. let her
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• As long as it doesn't violate dress codes at school or work and you don't mind looking at it, then I guess it's no big deal.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I'd make her wait until she's 18 and it's up to her. A year seems a long time to a teen, but it really isn't. It's more important that you and your husband are a united front. Although he should have talked to you before declaring NO.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 8:14 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We have the exact situation at out house. My daughter has been asking our permission to get her nosed pierced since December. I would have taken her since she had her own money to pay for it and I think nose piercings can be cute if a very small stud is worn. My husband hates piercings except for the ears so he told her absolutely not. Since he feels so much more strongly about the issue, we're making her wait until she's 18.
    cege

Answer by cege at 9:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Is it against the school dress code? Our school allows NO piercings beyond the ears (visible).

After that, she can wait til she no longer needs a parental signature and can pay and sign for it herself.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I did my DD's when she was 12 (what she wanted), they are usually small and relatively unnoticeable. She's 17 I don't see the big deal.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 12:39 PM on Feb. 25, 2011

• I think you are lucky that is all she wants to do. It seems harmless enough to me, especially since she will be 18 in a year or less anyway and then she can do it without your consent. It is something that could be easily taken out for a job or interview if it needed to be. As long as she isnt going to allow it to get infected I think it is perfectly fine and normal.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 25, 2011