When to have a baby shower?

How many weeks/months were you when you had yours?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 4:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• 32 weeks with my first
    24 weeks with my second
    and i didnt have one with my last baby
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 4:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• 33wks with my first and 36wks with my 2nd
    MamaLisec

Answer by MamaLisec at 5:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I think I was about 34 weeks or so. It was a good time for me because I wasn't so pregnant that I didn't feel like getting dolled up and spending the afternoon at a party, and it gave me plenty of time to wash everything, put stuff together, and to buy anything I really wanted but didn't get as a gift. Oh, and it gave me time to get my thank you notes out because once I had the baby that flew right out the window. I still owe thank you notes for stuff I got after having the baby. There should be a rule that you can't expect thank you notes from new mothers. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Didn't have one.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 5:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I always had mine during my last 4 weeks or so.

Answer by gemgem at 5:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I was about 6 weeks from my due date with both.
    chelsea_renee

Answer by chelsea_renee at 5:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I was 38 weeks when I had my baby shower. I remember that it was sooooo hot outside, that I was misserable. We had a park reserved because the family is huge. Then 2 weeks later I went in labor on a hot day and broght my dd home and it was cooler and rainy like.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 5:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We moved across the state with my first so I got 2 baby showers cause a really good friend wanted to throw me a shower. So I was 4 months and then 8 months.
    With my second I was due in December so we had it before Thanksgiving.
    Not having one with this 3rd baby though I am registered because family still wants to buy stuff for us.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 5:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Mine (with my first) were planned FAR too late. I had one at 34 weeks, one at 35 weeks, and one at 37 weeks. I had the baby at 35 weeks. So, after the first shower, I didn't have time to get everything I needed before the baby was born. I missed the one at 35 weeks. And I took the baby to the one at 37 weeks. Not only did I have to send my mother and MIL to set up my baby stuff at my house and buy the baby necessities I didn't have, but I didn't need half the gifts I got at the second and third shower because I had to buy those things myself the weeks before. I think you should have a baby shower at the VERY beginning of your third trimester or end of your second trimester. You'll have plenty of time for returns of duplicates and buying the things you didn't get at your shower. And you won't run the risk of missing the shower or having nothing set up for baby.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 8:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• 7 months I think, then 2 weeks after I went into preterm labor & was on bedrest!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2011