Vasectomy??

Has your Dh/So had one? What is your opinion on them?

We have 3 kids so we are finished and i dont want to get my tubes tide and it seems easier for him to get his done. Your thoughts on it?

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 5:02 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Health

• Hub just had it done in Dec..it is great! We have enough children, the youngest is 7 months, and it was easy, took minutes, recovery was simple, and apparently, sex is even better for him. Just an easy thing to get done without the complications that can befall a woman getting a tubal..
    Jenn2891

Answer by Jenn2891 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My husband had his done almost 6 years ago. It was a piece of cake and one of the best things we've ever done!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My husband offered to have it done and we love it! He didn't want me to have to go through any other type of surgery after we had our son and he read up on it and knew it wouldn't be bad and it wasn't..
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• my hubs had his done... done on friday and back to work Monday....
    it is easier, safer and quicker for them to get it done... they are ini and out with in about 30 mins... usually done right there in the dr office, and no down time for them....

for us to get sterilized, there are so many risk involved it is not worth it!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• be sure to tell them about the better sex part... my hubs said taht he seems to have more sensation in that region!
    MOMMY2TWINBOYS4

Answer by MOMMY2TWINBOYS4 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My ex had it done. I think its alot easier then having doctor cut you open to tie your tubes. If hes willing to do it then go for it.

Answer by gemgem at 5:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Hubs had it done 11 years ago. It was out patient "surgery" done in the urologist office. Our local urologist wouldn't do it until the youngest child was at least 2 years old (beyond the SIDS ages).

Best thing we could have done EVER!!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Completely agree with you, but my hubby is dragging his feet, doesn't like the idea of a knife near his boy parts. This is good info, I will have to tell hubby.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• We did it . . . . wasn't bad at all according to my husband. Easy as pie. :)
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• My husband had one 13 years ago.  It was quick, easy and relatively painless with no complications.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 5:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2011