• In the Spotlight:

How long does it take for boys to potty train?

seveda

Asked by seveda at 5:16 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i started my boy at a year and it took a year
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• It depends on the kid. My 1st son peed in the potty right away with no problem (aiming for Cheerios in the water was fun) at 2 1/2 almost 3 yrs of age, but the pooping took FOREVER. He was almost 4 1/2 when I finally got him trained. He wore a diaper to poop in but he had to sit on the toilet. I cut a whole in the diaper and the poop would go thru. Then we slowly weaned him off the diaper all together with a video game that he could play ONLY on the potty. My 2nd son peed in the potty at 2 1/2 with no problems and pooped at around 3 1/2. I used to video game with him for the pooping, too! Good luck!
    Texgirl73

Answer by Texgirl73 at 5:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• From what I've read, it takes about 6 months to train a child. HOWEVER, if you start bofore the child is showing at least half of the readiness signs, it will take longer than 6 months.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:38 PM on Jul. 8, 2008