Dh baby mom will not let him see the kid!

been to child support court she asked for an increase. its now 500 a mth for 1 kid. he ask her to bring the kid to his moms , she wont. she lies all the time just so she wont have to bring him. child support people told him that theres nothing they can do. he pay his support & want to b there for the kid who is 8, but shes being a B*TCH She said that she dont like me & i really dont care. She said that she dont want her kid around me, shes not understanding that we are MARRIED & Im not going anywhere. He has a brother that wants to see him. she tells her son that my son is not his brother & he dont have to listen to what I say. I am so pissed because there are men out there that dont pay support, & dont want nothing to do with the kid. Heres my DH paying support even more than what he's suppose to & he cant even see his kid! what do we do? we cant get help from anybody. Hes stressed out & so am I.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Get a lawyer. Make it so his DS has to be at this place at this time and there will be a 3rd party there to make sure his DS is actually there. She has to follow the rules just as much as he does time for her to deal with it.
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 9:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Just because he is paying support doesn't mean he has rights to the child. If he wants to see his child, he needs to take her to court for joint custody. If he already has joint custody then you all need to go to her house with the cops. Start keeping a journal of every single time you try to see this child, date and time and what she says. EVERY SINGLE TIME. Then go to court. She doesn't HAVE to let him see the child unless the courts say she does. Then if she still won't let him see his child she can get in serious trouble.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 9:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• He needs to petition the court for a hearing to make a visitation and custody order. Why doesn't he have some placement of the child? I have to share my eldest with her dad 50/50. If you don't have $$ to hire an attorney, then you will (and you CAN) have to do it on your own. Go to the clerk of courts and ask for the packet of papers to file for a hearing for custody/visitation. IF THERE IS an order for visitation and the mom isn't cooperating then ask for the papers to file for a contempt hearing. Then you get the opportunity to tell the judge that she is in contempt due to not honoring the court order. GL
    Anonymous

• p.s. When you file the papers with the court there is a filing fee, but if you receive any assistance ask for the indigent form to have the filing and service fees waived.
    Anonymous

• we cant afford a lawyer now. weve been trying to get the police involved they say that she dont have to let him see the kid. the kid has even called me & Dh & asked when we were going to come & get him. They have joint custody in the support order. He goes out of his way for the kid gives money plus child support. last weekend she said he had a game. he called & asked us to come get him. DH asked when the game was over. he said we didnt have a game. she called back & said she need money for his football stuff. Dh asked why she didnt bring him to his granny house. she said bc he was with his DADDY! WTF?? come on & we cant get no help from anyone?? This is some bull for real! They are always dogging the man saying they are dead beats. This man is doing what he is suppose to & is getting no help in seeing his son!?!?! The system is really FUCKED UP!!!
    Anonymous

• You DON'T need a lawyer to petition the court, just do it so he gets HIS rights.

Anonymous

• If he has a joint custody order, she is violating it, call the police when he goes to get her and show them the order! IF she still isn't following then go to court.
    Anonymous

• I am the anon poster with the court information....PM me, and I can help you. I have been down this route SOOOOOOO many times and I KNOW what works!! PM me - I WILL HELP!! I promise!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• your hubby needs to seek joint custody, even though you were told he didn't have rights to the child he and his child have rights to spend quality time together. Obviously she hates seeing him happy and remarried and that is the only shred of control she has over him. If I were yal I would go over to pick him up on my weekend to have him and not call until I got in her driveway to TELL HER it is my weekend period! also call the local police and tell them what is going on, so if she acts stupid they will have the heads up. The child doesn't need to see drama but at least he will see dad wanting to see him! The child support laws have changed and if he spends fifty percent of the time with you guys and the other with her then there is a good chance he wouldn't have to pay any child support! IShe can't stop him unless he lets her. I hope this works out for you! You are a good step mom for caring!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I JUST WANT TO SAY THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE POSTED SOMETHING TO TRY TO HELP US OUT. I LOVE MY STEP SON TO DEATH JUST LIKE I LOVE MY BILOGICAL SON. I AM JUST TRYING TO HELP DH GO ABOUT SEEING HIS OTHER SON. IT REALLY HURTS ME TO SEE MY HUSBAND HURTING LIKE THIS AND FOR WHAT? JUST SO SHE CAN HAVE SOME KIND OF CONTROL OVER HIM. SHE KNOWS THAT THE ONLY WAY THAT SHE CAN GET TO HIM IS TO KEEP HIM FROM HIS SON. THAT IS WHY SHE IS DOING THINS. BUT I REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE ADVICE YOU HAVE GIVEN TO ME AND I AM GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT WE PUT IT ALL TO GOOD USE. SO THANK YOU AGAIN :)
    Anonymous