How can i get my one year old to stop screaching?

the noise he makes is earing pearcing and unnearving when I have to deal with my other two children 5 and 3 mnths. any help would be greatly appreaciated. I have tried everything.

toobusyw3

Asked by toobusyw3 at 9:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Haha good luck to you, both my kids were screamers....
    sugamuffin85

Answer by sugamuffin85 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Hold him close and whisper in his ear how you love him and quiet noises. You want to know if he can whisper just like you. He is doing it to get attention. After a minute or two he should start whispering back to you and you might even get a good snuggle out of the deal!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:04 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I wouldn't give him any attention because then when he wants attention he is going to think he has to scream. Totally ignore him. with my daughter i ignore her but if i know why she is screaming i will wate a few secinds and say " would you like your milk" if that is what she wanted and tell her very calmly to say please. Whatever you do dont yell back at them it becomes a screaming match.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 11:50 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I don't have any advice to offer but i can tell you that you are not alone. Some kids are just screamers/screechers. I am a quiet person by nature and I have two incredibly quiet daughters but we can't take my son ANYWHERE. He has changed our lives because of his constant screaming when he's mad and screeching when he's happy. He speaks perfectly fine, but he's 2 and still making tons of noise. We've tried it all too. I think that trying to change the way they communicate is like trying to change their personality....not so easy. Good Luck...it does get better as they get older, I promise.
    Raegy

Answer by Raegy at 11:57 PM on Nov. 19, 2008