Why dose my husband choose his games over me?

I have a question and need advice,Me andmy husband have a 2 month old baby. He hardly spends time with him and he spends all our money on xbox things and games.. He will play every night for about 4 to five hours ..sometimes he won't play for a day but then the next day play till pm to am or once he gets off his 12 hr.shift he will play for about 6 to 7 hours. I get upset and think why dose he not want to spend time with us? I always clean the house,cook him food write him love notes and strive to be his perfect wife but then he leaves me out and just can'twait to play his games. He even made is own game room just bought a 32" exspensive tv too. I just feel so alone all the time. I already hardly get outside,never get out or go shopping and never have time for my friends because he is always gone at work and we have one car. I get depressed feel so lonley and I really need my husband but it feels like he hates me. help!

babygaden

Asked by babygaden at 5:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Relationships

• Smash goes the Xbox!
    Anonymous

• Pawn stores buy games systems
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• And there's always Craigslist. You don't even have to go anywhere for that one. Just arrange a meeting time for when your SO's at work :)
    Anonymous

• You're just gonna have to talk to him. Calmly, no yelling. I went throught the same thing with my boyfriend (now fiance). As our son has gotten older he spends alot more time with him. I don't know if it's young dad syndrome or what. My fiance is 24...I still change ALL the diapers and do all the feedings though.
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Unplug game, remove game from home, watch him throw temper tantrum, and then tell him to grow up and be a man.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 5:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Have you tried talking to him about it? If talking fails then getting rid of the Xbox sounds like a viable option though before selling it I'd suggest hiding it - since if he does improve his behavior he can earn the games and system back. I know it sounds a lot like disciplining a child but he's acting like one.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 5:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Talking rationally isn't going to work. Did that for 7 years. You have to get it through to him that those are just games. And that if he respects, values, appreciates or wants to have a future with you then he needs to step up.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• sounds like you need to get some counseling with him. if he won't go, then go alone. there's a lot of people out there who've had this problem.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2011