I am interested in cleaning green, but I don't know where to start. Where do I dispose of all my other cleaners that aren't green?

JanetBennett

Asked by JanetBennett at 9:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I just used mine up and replaced them with green alternatives. except for the spot shot, I tossed that after it gave me a chemical burn in my throat that required medical attn.
    google baking soda and vinegar cleaner and I am sure you will find an abundance of recipes.
    stain removal - use a chemicval free enzyme cleaner such as BioKleen's bac-out.
    switch your laundry products, I like biokleen and seventh generation.
    I jut discovered this one, it's so cool - a fabric softener sheet will take soap scup off shower doors and metal faucets etc. I was skeptical, but it really works lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:12 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Thank you. I just don't really want to put all that stuff in the earth if I'm trying to prevent it by switching. Any other ideas?
    JanetBennett

Answer by JanetBennett at 10:46 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If you don't want to use up what you have, contact your trash company and see if they have a household chemical waste collection day.

I'm slowly switching some of my cleaners to the new Chlorox "green" cleaners. Are they as green as baking soda? No. But they do a good job and I feel comfortable having my toddler "help" clean.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 2:56 PM on Nov. 20, 2008

• ooo thanks teri4lance I have been trying to figure out that problem because I am allergic to most bathroom cleaners. I am glad I looked at these answers.
    I didnt like the chlorox all purpose cleaner, it left residue on my counters and I had to go over it with a wet washcloth myself.
    Anonymous

• you'll need to rinse with vinegar and baking soda if you have dark surfaces, but once it's rinsed, its clean and pure. no chemical residue. and really even if you dindt rinse it, its just baking soda and totally harmless.
    but the fabric softener sheet thing blew my mind lol
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:06 PM on Nov. 20, 2008