What method did you use to potty train your son (twins?)

I have twin boys and one is ready to learn about potty training. he knows when he is peeing and poitns at his diaper and all that. they have a potty chair that they sit on when i take them to the bathroom. (they dont like sitting on it without a diaper and I assume its because it's cold lol)

My hope is that this summer when I'm out of school and home more often, and theyre a little older, that I can work with them on it.
I'm hoping to follow a method, maybe a book, or a plan type of thing. such as supernanny has books about discipline, I'm hoping that maybe theres a book that will provide a plan to follow.

any advice is appriciated though, thanks :D

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 5:32 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bought my son one of the potty seats that covers the regular toilet! That way he got used to being in the bathroom, that and the little potty seats you can move around were awful! my son would pee all over the floor!But any ways, We started asking him if he had to potty about ever 30-45 minutes..and if he does he will run into the bathroom and put his seat on the potty. He was being rewarded with a gummy bear every time he pottied, but now he has gotten to the point he will try to pee a drop and get some candy, so while it technically worked, I wouldnt recommend that method! I am going to buy him stickers instead!!! Rewards definitely worked wonders for us...He is still in a diaper..but I love the fact he can tell me he has to potty most of the time! I am hoping to be in big boy undies in a couple months! (He just turned two so I'm not really rushing or forcing the issue)
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• BUMP! I'm having the hardest time keeping my son interested....he turned 3 in december. Im not trying to force it...but at the same time....i cant wait to be out of diapers!!!
    Mama_G312

Answer by Mama_G312 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 25, 2011