I think i am futher along then what they are giving me..TMI

Ok i think i got pregnant in the 1st or 2nd week of April and they are telling me that i got pregnant at the end of April and beginning of May but i don't remember having a period in April and I wish i would have know when i had my periods and i wont be in this but the worse part is that i have been drinking and smoking May,June and July. Please let me add i didnt know i was preg. cause i had irregular periods missing months at a time. So when they are measuring the baby they gave me a due date going by the baby size he is small i think (will i know) cause of my drinking and smoking. Do you think so also? PLEASE dont be rude i really didnt know i was pregnant =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:06 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it could be the drinking and smoking... but it could just be they are wrong.

with my 2nd baby, they always told me a due date I knew wasn't right. and I had him on my own calculated due date that I gave myself. but then again, I knew my periods so that's why I KNEW they were wrong.

don't stress about it too much sweetie, if your baby comes 2 weeks sooner than the doc said, you know you were right :)

and lots of people drink and smoke before they find out they are pregnant! that doesn't make you a bad person!!! :) and I smoked all through my last 2 pregnancies...not smart but it doesn't make me a bad person either.
    Anonymous

• This is more common than you think. Stay away from everything now that you know (I am sure you already have) and try to keep positive thoughts. I have a friend who had the exact same thing and she was a pretty heavy drinker. Her daughter is not 9 years old and she is beautiful, bright, and energetic. Try not to feel too stressed out because that's not good for baby either. Eat as healthy as you can now. There is no accurate way to tell how big the baby is at this point anyway. My docs told me I had an 8 Lb baby and he was actually almost 10! And that was with ultrasound testing a week before delivery.
    Anonymous

• They will first give u a due date by your last period, however, they usually change it to corelate with the ultrasound. I would think that the drinking, smoking thing would be highly unlikely to have harmed your baby! Not to worry! That is the LAST thing that you need in pregnancy. The ultasound is what they will go by, the measurements aren't wrong. My son stopped growing after 34 weeks, so I know your worry! He was just a "small" baby, and at 8 months, he still is! Only 16 pds.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 9:19 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• you know hun honestly it doesnt really matter. That baby will come regardless of what the due date says and he will be as big or as small as he wants ;) I have this due date that I scheduled everything around and BAM baby comes 5 weeks and two days early! 4 pounds 12 ounces and perfectly healthy. Dont stress it. Itll happen when it happens but if your doc isnt aware of the alcohol and ciggs they need to be. Congrats!
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 9:23 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! for not being rude this is hard for me.
    humaniterian87. Yes i have told my OB about it i didnt want to leave it out.
    Anonymous

• did they do an ultra sound that is usally pretty accurate
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:33 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yes they did i am 33 weeks i had many of them because of my child being small.
    Anonymous

• When I had my first baby he was 2 weeks further than we thought. I went into preterm labor and he was born at 32 wks. The doctors told me I was 30 wks. I guess they can tell when he was born he was32 wks not 30. So you can be further than you think. He was small for his age.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 9:53 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• if you want a healthy baby ... go by the size of the baby ... the longer the baby is in you the healthier it will be ... example - if you have your baby at 36 weeks because you think you got pregnant a month earlier than the drs are saying your babies lungs could be under developed and might need to stay in NICU for a while till baby is finished developing... BUT if you go by the drs measurements and deliver at what they believe to be your 40th week then your baby will be happy and healthy (regardless of the misfortune that you were unable to know you were pregnant and kept your normal lifestyle)
    there is nothing you can do now about what you did at the begining ...except be sure you dont repeat your actions ...and to listen to your drs.
    good luck and congrats
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 10:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008