Christian views on circumcision (Why you chose not to do it)

I come from a Christian family and everyone who has boys did not do it for different reasons As a Christian what in the bible influenced your choice not to do it? If it did at all.

momavanessa

Asked by momavanessa at 5:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• In the Bible cicumcision was a sign between God and Abraham. It was done away with at the cross so becuase God no longer requires it I chose not to cicumcise my son. Also becuase I feel there is no valid medical reason to do it.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've never heard of a correlation between Christianity and not circumcising... I'd be interested to know if such a thing exists. Most people I know chose to either circ or not based on medical information coupled with personal opinion, not religiously based.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Sorry prettyinink2011 that you no longer believer...........circumcision I feel is the parents choice, I chose to have my son done just because I feel it's cleaner, but my husband is catholic and the boys in his family are not, I believe it's in how you are raised
    buttonlts

Answer by buttonlts at 5:46 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I've never heard of that, my husband is a 'preachers kid' and he is circumcised..my husbands dad who is a preacher is circumcised. I was also raised in a 'christian' home although we don't believe anymore, and my brothers were circumcised and my dad was, so I've never heard of that one.
    prettyinink2011

Answer by prettyinink2011 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I do not believe that it is necessary because we are now under grace. Circumcision was necessary in the old testament as a physical show of spiritual cleanliness now we are judged by the circumcision of our heart.. As for me, I did it for hygienic reasons.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• I am interested in this because someone told me I should do it because I am a Christian. I did not think it was right to do it and my husband agreed to leave them the way they are.
    momavanessa

Comment by momavanessa (original poster) at 7:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2011