Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can i get a pell grant to take on line schooling

if i owe back taxes? i am trying to get hubby to get our taxes filled out so it can be taken care of but i want to learn and do it online so i can do web designs etc but i am at a loss


Asked by WildCat73 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 23 (16,374 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • My husband owed back from 06, and got a pell grant to go to school this year! They took some of our tax return this year, they didnt stop him from going to school! Now you cant get it if you have defaulted on a school loan already ( I think, I may be wrong on that though)!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Not sure about tax issues, but I went to Columbia Southern Univeristy! They are a wonderful, online University, your credits can be transfered in or out, and they are approved for Federal Student Aid! I would check them out and see if they have a program that meets your needs! Best of luck to you!

    Answer by ScEnTyROCKS at 5:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • Have you looked for scholarships? This is a great place to start:


    Answer by rkoloms at 8:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

  • thank you so much :)

    Comment by WildCat73 (original poster) at 5:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2011