I think my friend is telling me a lie that she has tuberculosis? she went to check her ppd and it came out positive the nurse told her she had it but i think if she really has it they will keep her in the hospital cause is contagious and shes 3 month pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in Pregnancy

• if she tested positive for it they would have taken an xray of her lungs to confirm the test. my mother was exposed to it and does test positive and i belive they gave her antibodics and take a film of her lungs every so many years.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• wow resarch before accusing
    Anonymous

• Shes 3 month pregnant
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• If you are questioning for a second someone would lie about this, you might want to question your friendship with a person who is capable of that or yourself if she does have it and you are one to question something like that.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Way to be supportive.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 5:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Why would she lie about it? People really get TB & they don't put them in a box away from society, they just tell them to stay home.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• wow........you dont seem like a nice lady.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Hope neither of you have it now since it is contagious

:-)
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 6:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• A positive PPD does not mean she has TB. A nurse would know that. You friend might have been confused. A positive reaction to the PPD could mean TB, an exposure only or an allergic reaction to the solution that was injected under her skin.. A chest x ray would be needed to DX TB. I really hope they did a chest x ray.. That is standard for a positive PPD
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 6:47 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Is not that am a bad friend is that she had lie to me about a lot of things regarding her health thats why my doubt
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Feb. 24, 2011