It's just so hard..... .... at times it seems impossible!!!!!

Everyone told me that having twin infants was gonna be hard and I had to sleep while I could cause I would never sleep again...However, those times were cake compared to now. My twins are 4 1/2 years old and are terrorist. Seriously, they would take down a whole country if they could. My daughter tries to bat her eyes and plays her dad against me all the time (seriously it's like this girl is jealous of her dad and I's relationship as odd as it sounds). My son, well he seriously trie to control me in every way......Sometimes I just wanna give up, waive the white flag. I'll even admit that sometime I don't even like my kids....horrible right! I feel like things should be getting easier not harder. At least not until they're teens anyway. I want/need to get through this situation alive and intact(that goes for all parties involved..lol) ....I really feel like running away at times but it's just a thought. Has anyone one else felt this way about parenting, and did it go away......lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011 in General Parenting

• *hugs mommy * yes - I have a 3 year old and it started at birth with him - from colic to constipation to food allergies lactose issues ALL which make him cry ALL Day everyday I swear, until he was 2- and he HATES to sleep and that is an ongoing battle still - I feel as sleep deprived as I did when he was first born - I love my son with all my heart but the first 2 years I wondered what the hell i thought I was doing becoming a parent and did not enjoy very much of it then... I had ppd and bonding issues after having him also so that just was icing on the cake - then he was 2 - went through terrible 2s and now.. seriously could 3 get ANY Harder?? Apparently cause I hear 4's can be even worse... I should be a full blown alcoholic by the time he's in kindergarten lol!~ hang in there !~ that's all you can do really right.. ?!* hugs *
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Uh, I'm totally there with you girl!
    I have a 4 year old dd and twin boys who are 2 AND a 7 month old....and there are days where I'm thankful to be alive and still have some sort of brain function telling me I need to go potty. That's how FRIED I feel mentally/emotionally.
    All the advice I can give you is, make sure your hubby knows how you feel and you guys are on the same page with dicipline. If your consistent then your kids will KNOW what their boundries are! I'm not perfect in anyway so I still struggle with it all, but I can tell the difference between the days where me and my hub stick to our guns and are organized and when we don't come together on things and we let the kids run all over us because we relax a bit on what we've decided.
    GL! What your feeling is valid!
    Anonymous

• Thank you Maxsmom.... I realize now that I too was struggling with ppd when they were born, and I had trouble bonding (but I don't think that had anything to do with ppd). Yea, it's not getting any easy and I too questioned myself being a parent. My mom left my brother and I when I was 12 and I think that is inadvertently affecting me. I'm just having some serious issues getting through these stages! Thanx for sharing!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• i only have one and i feel like running somedays but then he does something cute and then i am over it i think we all get a lil overwhelmed sometimes we are only human and can't conquer everything all the time
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 7:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2011